Thursday 24 March 2016

OUGD503 COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE - FEEL GOOD DRINKS PRESENTATION BOARDS, PROOF OF SUBMISSION & EVALUATION

Presentation boards:




Proof of submission:




Evaluation:
This brief was actually really enjoyable to work on, and I enjoyed working with people from a different course, as it gave me more of an insight into how they work compared to how I work, which I could take into my own practice to give a bit of variation. We did start quite late on the brief, which was mainly due to a module submission beforehand for me and they also had lots of work on at this point as well. This did worry me a little, however it allowed me to focus on briefs that I needed to prioritise without being nagged by other group members to work on this brief when I didn't have time to, and to wait for a time when I could focus on this brief and put my full attention to.
At each meeting we all had something to show generally, which was great for progression, the only slight issue I had was when I thought the patterns would be finished for one meeting and to me they looked like they were still in the early stages. However by voicing my concern they really pulled together and finished the patterns within the next two days, which I wasn't expecting to get them back so fast, and which then allowed me to put them into the different outcomes.
We communicated over Facebook which was a great platform for us as we could share files and images easily and everyone saw everything, and Facebook being something people check on a regular basis as well.
It did take us a while to decide on what exactly we were producing and who was doing what, however once we got settled everything fell really nicely into place, and we progressed in good time. This could be been because of our different working styles, and perhaps the other two members who both do Illustration, not having done a brief like this before and not knowing exactly the way to go about it and what is needed to fulfil it. Me being a Graphic Design student and regularly doing briefs similar to this, I should of taken a more of a leadership and art directional role, rather than trying to all work equally, perhaps I should of guided them more and been more clear about the structure we must take on and the outcomes we need. However I didn't realise that they wouldn't of done briefs similar to this before, and presumed they would know how to go about it easily.
I am pleased with the number and variety of outcomes produced, however there are some niggling things that I would of included if I had kept up with blogging and referred back to previous group meetings during the design process, such as the fun fruit fact and the zip down bottle sleeve so you can redecorate it yourself. I would also of like to of done more of a website and social media campaign if I had had the time as well, as I think this is something Feel Good Drinks really wanted to push, as it stated in the brief that they've only been Facebook active since 2014, which really isn't that long for a developed brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment