Tuesday 12 April 2016

OUGD503 END OF MODULE SELF EVALUATION

This module has been a really tough one for me, as given the freedom of being able to choose my own briefs, I don’t think I thought carefully enough about the outcomes they would require, and what outcomes I should be producing in order to develop skills in the area that I am interested in. I chose briefs with either an interesting content or with a simple outcome and a clear brief, rather than choosing one which required me to produce an outcome that I enjoy, such as a publication or website. Not choosing the right briefs for me resulted in me not really enjoying this module, as I wasn’t excited about the briefs (except Secret 7) really, and this made me sluggish to do the work for them, which resulted in me being a bit behind in this module throughout. 
I don’t think my bottle outcomes have been presented in the best way possible, as ideally I’d print the design so it could be stuck onto the bottle itself, making for a much more accurate representation of how it’d look if it was actually produced, however due to lack of time I didn’t have chance to produce this type of outcome, only digital mock ups. 
I also think I could of managed my time better with this module, rather than leaving the two large briefs until right at the last minute to produce. However this was kind of a conscious decision, as I wasn’t enjoying them as much as other briefs, I chose to do the briefs I was enjoying over the Responsive ones, as I got so much more pleasure out of them. This is really something I should work on, to ensure I do the work that needs to be done rather than just the work that I want to do.
I feel pleased with how I performed as part of a group on the Feel Good Drinks brief, and think I pulled my weight towards the end where the bulk of the work landed on me. I think I could have done more research for the brief, however this just didn’t happen. I communicated clearly when we met up face to face and also over Facebook where we discussed things when we weren’t together. This definitely gives me more confidence in that I can guide and lead people and think logically on how to go about solving a brief, which I thought I could do before but it’s always reassuring for it to be clearly demonstrated in the real world.

If I was to do anything different, I’d definitely do different, more inspiring briefs, perhaps from less high profile companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment